Kris Chislett Website Design & Marketing is rapidly growing and we’re in need of an experienced social media pro / content creator / unicorn who can keep up with us!
Content Creator / Social Media Pro needed for small but growing Jacksonville creative website design and social media agency. Position is 30-40 hours a week, depending on the candidate’s credentials.
Please make sure you read the post all the way to the end to ensure you understand the job role, responsibilities and requirements.
The candidate for this position should be able to write clear, persuasive, original copy, as well as rewrite existing copy.
Very strong knowledge of social media platforms, and paid promotion of content via these individual platforms.
Applicant should also have a good eye for design, and critique websites to guide the development team. Previous website design experience is not required.
This job is ideal for someone to:
- Make an impact and grow with our agency.
- To grow, learn and explore their creativity.
Job /Technical Requirements:
- Deep knowledge and proven results of designing and implementing innovative social media growth strategies for clients across a variety of industries.
- Provide detailed reports on social media campaign performance along with strategies/recommendations for long-term marketing growth and increased engagement.
- An eye for design, to be applied toward web design, social media posts and other online content.
- Serve as main social media contact for all clients.
- Ability to quickly create well-written, engaging, original and easy-to-understand content, heavy on “calls to action”.
- Research, write, edit and implement customer, company, and industry-relevant content, including but not limited to: website pages, headlines, paid search ads, emails, landing pages, in-store materials, product information, blog posts, video, social media etc.
- Conduct content gathering “interviews” via email, virtual meeting, phone, or in-person (based on what you/we deem most suitable to the client), to expedite the collection of information to build their content.
- Ensuring all copy is proof read from first draft through to final delivery of each project.
- Juggling multiple tasks and projects and prioritizing your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Communicate to billing dept any client requests and “out of scope” items.
- …whatever else you can bring to the company to add value.
- A self-directed problem solver, with good judgment to lead clients towards success
- Well presented
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
- Take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work
- Smart, extremely hard-working and business-minded
- A love of writing
- Flexible (in life, not in stretching)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accountable (we all screw-up, we’re all human; but if you mess up, own it, and fix it)
- Nice (yes…we realize we wrote this twice…but it’s pretty important)
- Sense of humor (we realize this is low down the list, but it’s a pretty significant item)
The following are vital:
- Previous experience in a similar position/at a web agency
- Extensive knowledge in the use of social media platforms and paid promotion of content/products
- Excellent writer
- Keen eye for design
Any of the following is a plus:
- Knowledge of website design and SEO
- Video editing
- Photography expertise, at any level
- Videography expertise, at any level
Primary Technology We Use:
- Web design (WordPress)
- Click-Up (project management)
- Gmail (email)
- Discord (team communication)
- Sendible (social media posting)
- Dropbox (client file sharing)
- Zoom (client conferencing)
- Photoshop/Canva (social content)
- Promo & InVideo (video content)
Part-time to full-time, depending on experience
6-8 hour shift
Monday to Friday (with time available on weekends, but not expected).
Own transport needed to occasionally travel around the Greater Jacksonville area.
Applicant will be required to sign a non-compete contract.
We reward professionalism, independence and, a strong work ethic.
Training provided on the technology we use.
You’ll enjoy a flexible schedule between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. working in a fun, friendly environment. Potential for small amounts of work from home hours each week.
This position is 30-40 hours a week, depending on the candidate’s credentials.
Office location is in Jacksonville, FL 32225.
Starting pay is hourly and contingent on experience, with the potential for growth based on performance and skill-set.
Please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Employment Application” and attach your resume, along with a note explaining why you’re interested in the position. Examples of content would also be appreciated.
Kris is the founder of Kris Chislett, LLC, a website design and online marketing firm based out of Jacksonville, Florida.
With over 10 years experience in the industry, Kris and his team specialize in web design and online marketing services to businesses of all sizes around the country. With clients ranging from wineries to trucking companies, to tennis clubs; Kris works with businesses in all niches to improve their profit margins by crafting creative solutions to their business problems.
A native of England, Kris holds a Business Management graduate from Leeds University, England.
Kris is also a Certified Sommelier with the Court of Master Sommeliers, and a Certified Specialist of Wine with the Society of Wine Educators.